I don’t know about you, but I’ve always been a big dreamer. Even now, I want to do all the things for all the people, although, some of that has to do with my drive to be a people pleaser, and my idea of worthiness (more on that in this post).
I’ve also always been sensitive to God’s guiding my heart, and putting the big dreams there that He has for me.
Psalm 37:4 tells us
He will give us the desires of our heart –Psalm 37:4
as in, if we line up with His heart, He will show us the desires of our heart, and chasing after Him we can find them coming to fruition.
But, I don’t know about you, once I became a grown up, a mom, got diagnosed with chronic illnesses, etc. sometimes, those dreams felt like they were drowning in the day to day. Like, how do I make those dreams happen if I have to be a wife and mom and do admin work, or if they have to pivot?
So many times I see in myself and other moms that we’re constantly busy, but is it getting us anywhere? We end up being our own biggest critic, ready to overthink and talk ourselves out of everything. But, is that really serving us?
When we look at the Proverbs 31 woman – you know, the virtuous one – she’s all about rhythm and harmony. She recognizes her abundance. She creates her abundance. And, she pursues her dreams in such a Godly way, even as a wife and mom.
She has two qualities I really want to cultivate in myself: tenacity and resilience. She does the day to day, but scripture calls her blessed. She has the love and respect of her family, and she seems (I’m extrapolating) as if she loves what she does. She serves out of love. Daily.
She recognizes something I wish other mommas would recognize (something I’ve learned this year) that an investment in ourselves is an investment in our family.
God has placed dreams in our hearts for a reason. That’s why, even if those dreams have to pivot due to life circumstances, we should never give up on the dreams in our hearts.
What is something you have been dreaming of or an idea you have, or maybe something you feel God has placed on your heart:
- Do you want to write a book? Maybe you have a novel or non-fiction book – or perhaps a collection of short stories or poetry – in your heart that you’re afraid to get on paper, so you come up with excuses or you put it off.
- Have you had the desire to start a blog. Maybe sharing a hobby you love, a skill you have, or a way of building community and sharing your heart. But you hold yourself back.
- Perhaps you’ve been thinking of starting a side gig to help bring in extra income for your family. You have a product you love and want to share, or you have a hobby you’d like to turn into income, but you feel intimidated and don’t move forward.
- Maybe there’s a hobby you want to try or pick back up again, or a skill you’ve always wanted to learn.
- Perhaps there’s a ministry or non-profit you’ve been wanting to join or start, but worry about what it will take away from your family.
As we said earlier, an investment in ourselves as mommas is an investment in our family. And, our dreams and callings from God are there for us to make a difference in the world.
Also, what are we showing our kiddos? I want my kiddos to know they can go boldly where God calls them to go, even if it feels big, intimidating, and scary.
So, I want to encourage you, momma, not to give up on your ideas, your dreams, your calling, even if they have to pivot.
And, I know there are some out there feeling like they are still so busy. They have too much already on their plate. The dream is big, intimidating, and a struggle. Or, maybe there isn’t a supportive community, because of so many reasons (like: I’m supposed to be using my degree, I’m only supposed to be a mom, I’m not sure what others will think if I try this…and more).
But, what would we do if we had all the resources and support we needed? What if there was a place with other mommas following their dreams, including staying at home with their kiddos & being their primary care/educators? What if there was a group there ready to help make sure those dreams happen, and don’t fail?
That’s what the Soul Cadence Village is for. That’s what this blog is for. That’s what the Soul Cadence IG is for.
Don’t give up on your dreams. And, don’t go it alone.
See you soon, Momma!